EEO Public File Report
22 May 12
This EEO Public File Report is filed in Station WCLT’s public inspection file pursuant to Section 73.2080(c)(6) of the Federal Communications Commission’s (“FCC”) rules. This report is being filed early this year (05/22/12) to comply with the form 396 requirement, for the 2012 License Renewal process.
During the period 1 Jun 11 through 22 May 12, the station filled 4 full-time positions:
3 Account Executive positions
A total of 10 people were interviewed for full-time vacancies during the period covered in this report. The following are the recruitment sources used during the period covered in this report and the cumulative number of interviewees referred by each:
WCLT & WCLT-FM Advertising Schedule
Central Ohio Tech College
Illinois Center for Broadcasting
Ohio Center for Broadcasting
Ohio State University Newark
Ohio University Zanesville
Ohio State University School of J & C
Mt. Vernon Nazarrene College
The hirees for all three Account Executive positions were hired from the same applicant pool. Two responded to the WCLT on air advertisement, the third came to us as the result of a personal referral. A total of 9 people were interviewed. The following is a list of the recruitment sources that provided interviewees:
WCLT on air advertising - 6
MidOhioHelpWanted.com - 2
Personal Referral - 1
The hiree for the Announcing position had recently been hired as a part time employee. To fill part time positions, we follow the same practice of broad outreach to make people aware of these part time positions, utilizing multiple Internet Job sites, on air advertising schedules, and contacts with educational institutions on our mailing list. A full time Announcer resigned unexpectedly and we promoted her (the part time employee) to full time to fill a critical need. This promoted Announcer is the 10th person listed as having been interviewed during the reporting period.
The following is a list of contact information for the recruitment sources used in the hiring process for the job openings that occurred during the report period:
Otterbein College, John Buckles, Communications Dept, 1 Otterbein College, Westerville OH 614-823-1456
Ohio University, Sarah Parker, School of Telecommunications,9 South College St, AthensOH 740-593-1000
OSU School of J & C, Dr. Carroll Glynn, 3016 Derby Hall, 154 N. Oval Mall, Columbus OH 614-292-6291
COTC, Jane Williams, 1179 University Dr, Newark OH 740-366-1351
OSU Newark, Yvonne Bell, 1179 University Dr, Newark OH 740-366-3321
C-Tec, Beth Bronkar, 150 Price Road, Newark OH 740-366-3351
Ohio University Zanesville, Ken Conner, Student Services, 1425 Newark Rd, Zanesville OH 740-453-0762
Ohio Center for Broadcasting, Gary James, 9000 Sweet Valley Dr, Valley View OH 216-447-9117
Illinois Center for Broadcasting, Mike Kendall, 200 W 22nd Street, Suite 202 Lombard IL 630 916-1700
Mt. Vernon Nazarenne College, Joe Rhinehart, 800 Martinsburg Road, Mt. Vernon OH 43050
OAB.org, contacted via the internet.
MidOhioHelpWanted.com, contacted via the internet.
Allaccess.com, contacted via the internet.
Tvandradiojobs.com, contacted via the internet.
The following is a list and brief description of menu option activities undertaken pursuant to the FCC’s EEO rules during the time period covered by this report:
- WCLT Radio Inc and the Central Ohio Technical College established a course required Internship for one of their communications students. The Internship ran from 6 Jun 11 through 5 Aug 11.
- WCLT Program Director attended the Ohio Association of Broadcasters educational 2011 Employment Law Webinar: Top 10 Employment Law Issues on 19 Oct 11.
- WCLT Radio participated in the Licking County Educational Service Center Career Fair at Denison University on 22 Nov 11.
- WCLT Radio participated in the Harry and David Job Fair on 4 Jan 12.
- WCLT GSM attended the Ohio Association of Broadcasters educational ‘Political Broadcasting’ webinar on 25 Jan 12.
- WCLT GSM attended the Ohio Association of Broadcasters educational ‘Accountability for Managers and Salespeople’ webinar on 8 Mar 12.
- WCLT Radio Program Director and News Editor worked with the Licking County Christian Academy’s Speech I class during the month of May 2012. They presented to the class, assigned and evaluated projects, and brought members of the class to the Station for recording session(s).
- Widely disseminated employment opportunities for full time positions occurring during the reporting period. We utilized our mailing list, airwaves, Internet job sites, and internal job postings to ensure broad outreach and awareness.